Kazuyuki Tanaka's CV
- Birth date: August 18, 1955.
- Bachelor of Science (Information Sciences), Tokyo Institute of Technology, 1978.
- Master of Science (Information Sciences), Tokyo Institute of Technology, 1980.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Mathematics), University of California, Berkeley, 1986.
Mathematical logic, foundations of mathematics, theory of computation, philosophy of science.
Teaching Positions Held
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Info. Sci., School of Sci., Tokyo Institute of Technology, 1986 - 1991.
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Math., College of General Education, Tohoku University, 1991 - 1993.
- Associate Professor, Mathematical Institute, School of Science, Tohoku University, 1993 - 1997.
- Professor, Mathematical Institute, School of Science, Tohoku University, 1997 - 2021.
- Professor, Research Alliance Center for Mathematical Sciences, Tohoku University, 2021 - 2022.
- Emeritus Professor, Tohoku University.
Managerial Positions Held
- Councilor, Mathematical Society of Japan, 1997-1999.
- Deputy Dean, School of Science, Tohoku University, 2004 - 2006.
- Chairman of Mathematical Institute, Tohoku University, 2008 - 2009.
- Director, Japan Association for Philosophy of Science, 2008 - 2017.
- Councilor, Association for Symbolic Logic, 2013 - 2015.
- Councilor, Mathematical Society of Japan, 2017 - 2018.
- Editor, Annals of Pure and Applied Logic, 2013 - 2021.
Foreign Institutes Visited
- Pennsylvania State University, U.S.A., October 1990 - July 1991.
- Oxford University, U.K., March 1995 - July 1995.
- Many others.
Supervision of Doctoral Students
- Matoko Kikuchi, On Goedel’s Incompleteness Theorems, Tohoku University 1996.
- Takeshi Yamazaki, Model-theoretic studies on subsytems of second order arithmetic, Tohoku University 2000.
- Nobuyuki Sakamoto, Reverse Mathematics and Higher Order Arithmetic, Tohoku University 2005.
- MedYahya Ould MedSalem, Weak systems of determinacy and inductive definitions, Tohoku University 2006.
- Keita Yokoyama, Standard and Non-standard Analysis in Subsystems of Second Order Arithmetic, Tohoku University 2008.
- Chenguang Liu, Computational Aspects of Randomness, Tohoku University 2008.
- Takako Nemoto, Determinacy of Infinite Games and Reverse Mathematics, Tohoku University 2009.
- Takayuki Kihara, Effective closed sets and degrees of unsolvability, Tohoku University 2011.
- Yoshihiro Horihata, Weak subsystems of first and second order arithmetic, Tohoku University 2011.
- Ahmad Termimi Ab Ghani, Stochastic Games on Graphs, Tohoku University 2012.
- Keisuke Yoshii, Infinite Games, Inductive Definitions and Transfinite Recursion, Tohoku University 2013.
- NingNing Peng, Computability and Relative Randomness, Tohoku University 2013.
- Weiguang Peng, Logical Investigations of Various Games, Tohoku University 2016.
- Shohei Okisaka, Study on computational models and logical descriptions for classes of finite structures, Tohoku University 2018.
- Wenjuan Li, Automata-theoretic study on infinite games and fragments of modal mu-calculus, Tohoku University 2018.