- Date: August 30
- Place: Rm205, Science Complex A (Building H-16 on the following map: http://www.sci.tohoku.ac.jp/campusmap/kita-aobayama/)
- Program 1:
13:00 - 14:00 Special Lecture by Prof. T. Usuba
Title: Standard and choiceless set-theoretic geology
Abstract:The set-theoretic geology, which was initiated by Fuchs-Hamkins-Reitz, is a study of the global structure of all ground models of the universe. It attempts a study of the nature of the forcing method. In this talk, we present a framework of set-theoretic geology and basic results. Meanwhile, the standard geology is a research on ZFC, so the axiom of choice is assumed. However in the current set theory, the forcing method over choiceless model become a common tool. We also present the set-theoretic geology without the axiom of choice.
- Program 2:
- 14:00 - 16:30: Freshman Seminars “Solvable and Unsolvable Puzzles”
- Section1(14:10 - 14:40) K. Tanaka and Students at Tohoku University
- Section2(14:40 - 15:10) K. Yoshii and Students at NIT, Okinawa College
- Section3(15:20 - 16:20) Y. Horihata and Students at NIT, Yonago College
- 17:00- : BBQ (near the Hirose River)
If you are interested in attending the program, please feel free to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org).